Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Audio Works

I have not written for some time as I have been producing some time intensive works. Mainly sound generators, which I intend on using in a performance work and collaborations. These audio works use simple circuits to make square waves, saw waves and other odd combinations of pure sound. I work intuitively with these projects and the end result is sometimes unexpected. I find a similarity to supreamatist paintings in that the sounds are pure wave form and not samples. A kin to paintings like Kashmir Malevich's "Black Square" 1915 or "Broadway Boogie-Woogie" 1942-43 by Piet Mondrian. At any rate here are the bowels of the beast so to speak. The project is based on the Atari Punk Console project but I have added a second circuit which runs independant of the first, its not quite a square wave, it sounds closer to a saw tooth wave generator.


No comments: